Happy Beat Party
- Happy Beat parties involve a series of fun musical games and activities.
- We will be guiding the children through a fun and interactive drumming session using djembe drums.
- A variety of percussion instruments will be provided for the children, such as maracas and bells.
- The children will have the experience of learning to play simple rhythms with the group and creating their own music.
- Children are encouraged to dance and move to the beat of the music.
- This is an experience of creativity, musicality and joy!
Please contact us for more information.
We look forward to sharing in a fun and enriching musical experience with your children!
Learning to play a variety of percussion instruments
- Happy Beat provides a strong base for further music education by exposing children to a variety of percussion instruments and teaching them how to play these.
- Children learn the names of instruments and how to care for them.
- Both fine motor and gross motor skills are developed while learning to play instruments.
- Children learn to listen and follow instructions.
Happy Beat Classes Involve
- Music appreciation
- Movement to music
- Djembe drumming
- Learning to play a variety of percussion instruments
- Music theory
- Active Listening
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Integration of left and right brain
- Observation skills
- Body awareness and self awareness
- Children are introduced to music theory in a fun and interactive way.
- Children learn to read music and play along with percussion instruments and backing music.
- Each child is encouraged to take theory notes home and practice with their families.
- Children read and play their own notes for the group. This also builds their confidence in themselves and their abilities.
- Dramatisation helps children to identify their emotions and builds their self confidence, by acting out a character or pretending to be different creatures or even in expressing their own stories.
- Children are encouraged to be creative and imaginative.
- Children become more confident in themselves by expressing themselves through singing.
- Children are encouraged to use their voices in different ways. This is important for developing pitch and tone.
- Learning songs helps children to improve their memory.
- Singing is an uplifting activity.
- Singing encourages children to be a part of a group and is a fun social activity.
Happy Beat Services
- Classes are held once a week and are thirty minutes long.
- Personal Feedback is given twice a year.
- Certificates are awarded at the end of the year.
- Open classes are offered twice a year for parents to come and observe.
- Children’s Birthday Parties
Music Appreciation and Active Listening
- All kinds of music is used in the classes.
- Children learn to identify sounds in the music.
- Children develop an appreciation for music.
- Learning to listen is a skill which is emphasized in the lessons.
- Learning to hear the emotions in music.
Movement to Music
- Rhythmic movement and free dance encourage self expression.
- Children are able to interpret what they hear and feel with their bodies.
- Children develop an understanding of their bodies and to move in certain ways, for example, crossing the midline.
- Spatial awareness, they learn to perceive where they are in relation to the space around them.
- Muscle development, they gain flexibility and core strength through a series of fun activities and exercises.
- Children learn about the drum and how to play it.
- Children create their own rhythms and are able to express themselves individually.
- Children learn to play rhythmically in a group.
- Playing in a group encourages self expression and self confidence.
- Drumming stimulates both sides of the brain and is an excellent activity for whole brain development.
- Drumming has been found to be beneficial for improved co-ordination and memory.
- Drumming is a stress reliever and is such fun.