Our Happy Beat studio classes are designed for parents who would love their children to do Happy Beat outside of school or if your child doesn’t attend any of the schools we teach Happy Beat in.
We would love for you to come and join us! Please contact us for more information on where our Happy Beat Studio is and what time the classes are.
Happy Beat Classes Involve
- Music appreciation
- Movement to music
- Djembe drumming
- Learning to play a variety of percussion instruments
- Music theory
- Active Listening
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Integration of left and right brain
- Observation skills
- Body awareness and self awareness
- Children are introduced to music theory in a fun and interactive way.
- Children learn to read music and play along with percussion instruments and backing music.
- Each child is encouraged to take theory notes home and practice with their families.
- Children read and play their own notes for the group. This also builds their confidence in themselves and their abilities.
- Dramatisation helps children to identify their emotions and builds their self confidence, by acting out a character or pretending to be different creatures or even in expressing their own stories.
- Children are encouraged to be creative and imaginative.
- Children become more confident in themselves by expressing themselves through singing.
- Children are encouraged to use their voices in different ways. This is important for developing pitch and tone.
- Learning songs helps children to improve their memory.
- Singing is an uplifting activity.
- Singing encourages children to be a part of a group and is a fun social activity.
Learning to play a variety of percussion instruments
- Happy Beat provides a strong base for further music education by exposing children to a variety of percussion instruments and teaching them how to play these.
- Children learn the names of instruments and how to care for them.
- Both fine motor and gross motor skills are developed while learning to play instruments.
- Children learn to listen and follow instructions.
Music Appreciation and Active Listening
- All kinds of music is used in the classes.
- Children learn to identify sounds in the music.
- Children develop an appreciation for music.
- Learning to listen is a skill which is emphasized in the lessons.
- Learning to hear the emotions in music.
Movement to Music
- Rhythmic movement and free dance encourage self expression.
- Children are able to interpret what they hear and feel with their bodies.
- Children develop an understanding of their bodies and to move in certain ways, for example, crossing the midline.
- Spatial awareness, they learn to perceive where they are in relation to the space around them.
- Muscle development, they gain flexibility and core strength through a series of fun activities and exercises.
- Children learn about the drum and how to play it.
- Children create their own rhythms and are able to express themselves individually.
- Children learn to play rhythmically in a group.
- Playing in a group encourages self expression and self confidence.
- Drumming stimulates both sides of the brain and is an excellent activity for whole brain development.
- Drumming has been found to be beneficial for improved co-ordination and memory.
- Drumming is a stress reliever and is such fun.
Little Earth Kids Preschool absolutely loves Happy Beat! From the moment Nicola walks in the gate the kids are in awe with the happiness and excitement she brings. The little ones absolutely love her class and it has been such a pleasure having Happy Beat a part of our school! Thank you Nicola and the Happy Beat team for the amazing and wonderful service you offer.
We have had Catherine and Happy beat at the school for 13 years. She has always been enthusiastic and excited about her music lessons. Catherine is always well prepared and uses a wide range of musical instruments with the children and the children always have their own instruments to play. Her lessons are fun and very interactive. She engages well with children of all ages and the children respond well to her. Happy beat is one of most popular extra murals and I would not hesitate to recommend Happy beat to all school as an extra mural.
Happy Beat brings love and enthusiasm to every music class at Linden Little Scholars Academy. I appreciate Catherine’s expertise and her ability to engage every child in each class. She is a creative music teacher that draws children into a world of music. Each time she arrives, her presence, well-organized lessons and complete enthusiasm touches the life’s of our learners. Catherine’s expertise comes shining through with each learner’s encounter.
Happy Beat visits us weekly and what a treat! Our children are always thrilled to see Nicola and have a blast seeing ‘what’s in the bag’, playing and learning about different instruments and of course, Djembe drumming (my personal favourite!) Nicola has always been completely professional, always on time and pretty on the ball with the admin behind the scenes, and most importantly of all carries a most exuberant and interesting energy which the children love. Definitely a must at any school!
Happy Beat is the BEST extra mural for your child to be enrolled with. The children learn through music and have so much fun at the same time. Nicola is the most amazing teacher and my 11 month old has the best time participating in Happy Beat.